Jul 7, 2008

I Just Love Swaps!


My name is Jill Milan of Jewelry Elegance by jill and "I Just Love Swaps!"

Today I thought I would blog about my love of swaps. I love the idea of creating for others, and just love the excitement of receiving all the pretties in the mail, it’s just like Christmas… . A very unique way to remember all the artisans, each with there own style, yet always created with the same theme.
As I continue to participate in swaps, I will eventually make a wire wrapped bracelet where I can display all the unique charms, remembering each and every artisan that lovingly made their treasures. So today I thought I would share Stacie Williams charms which were created for her BookArtz charm swap. Copper is my favorite medium, and her unique style shows the warmth and essence of creating for a swap. The combination of copper and the old book pages from the 1920’s created unique charms. Stacie is a very talented mixed media artist and her work can be viewed at Creative Junque Jewelry or follow her muse Creative Junque by Stacie

I must say I will not be a recipient of one of these beautiful and unique charms, Stacie and I belong to different swap groups, but she has given me much inspiration.

Stop by my Etsy Store or My blog and see what I've been up to....

And don't forget to stop by a visit the eSMArts Team Gallery...

7 comments:

ChezChani said...

Charming !

ThisThisAndThat said...

Very apropos comment....

Inspired Designs by Teresa said...

Jill, I've never been part of a swap, but you make it sound like so much fun I might have to try it at some point!

ThisThisAndThat said...

Teresa, My very first swap was an earring swap. My swap partner Diane did a beautiful pair of fringed earrings. The next two swaps were wire wrapped charms, and now I'm doing a wire wrapped pendent swap in August. Think I'll blog about them in the near future.

Kari Bryde said...

I love these! Each one it's own unique work of art!

Annette Piper said...

I love swaps too. Its a great way to get something you may not know about or be game to try!

Unknown said...

I've only done one swap, but I loved it! I made my first wire wrapped pendant and swapped it, now I wish I could remember how I did it!